Australia has been successful in attracting international students and high skilled talent from across the globe. It now calls professionals like you to migrate permanently on a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189). This visa is a permanent gateway to work and live in Australia. It allows you to enjoy all the benefits that of a permanent resident. You do not require sponsorship from an employer, or any family member for that matter.
Your occupation and expertise will guide you through and help you migrate to Australia. But, you just need to meet the following requirements:
Requirements for Skilled – Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Make it to the occupations listed in Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Meet the prerequisites like English language requirements, age, education, and work experience
- Qualify the point-based test i.e. score at least 60 or above
On meeting the above requirements, you receive an invitation to apply for the visa. Within the period specified in the letter and the procedure mentioned, submit an application to express interest in migrating to Australia. Thereafter, the immigration petition can be filed and the process be duly followed.
Who Can Accompany You?
- Spouse, children, and other dependant relatives
- Partner’s dependent child or relative
- Your dependent child or relative
Furthermore, you and your family members (who migrate along you) become eligible for citizenship as per the residency criteria.
There’s no stopping once you have Skilled – Independent Visa (Subclass 189) on your passport. Enjoy the perks of the Australian economy and the constructive change it brings to your career.
If you want to migrate to Australia with this visa, here’s an opportunity : Call Pragati immigration consultants and get started with the process now. We have already helped applicants, you could be next.
What this Visa Lets You Do
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
Benefits of the Program
- Social Security – Receive social security income support payments after 2 years of being in Australia
- Healthcare – Being a Permanent Resident means entitlement to Government Healthcare Scheme called Medicare
- Schooling – Children aged between 6 and 18 years can attend public (government-funded) schools
- Family Tax Benefit – Avail the Family Tax Benefits without any waiting periods
- Parenting Payment – Permanent residents with at least 2 years in Australia qualify for parenting payments. The rules, however, are different for single parents
- Aged Pension – Permanent residents with at least 10 years in Australia are entitled for aged pension
- Disability Support Pension – Permanent resident holders who are unable to work for a minimum of 30 hours are eligible to receive disability support pension. This is irrespective of the time a person spends in Australia
You meet the eligibility criteria if you:
- are Invited
- been nominated an occupation that’s on a Skilled Occupation List
- are not 50 Years or above
- have obtained score specified in the letter of invitation in accordance with point test factors
- proficient in English
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled Independent visa.
Age: The age of the applicant should be between 18 -49 years. Minimum points 15 with a maximum up to 30 can be granted.
English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competent or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged. One would meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components- Competent English) if holds a valid passport and is a citizen of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland.
To score points on English requirement, an applicant must meet proficient or superior level. Points 10 or 20 can be awarded under Proficient English (IELTS 7 or more bands/ 8 or more bands respectively in all the components), English Language test results are required supporting these claims at the time of application.
Nominated occupation – The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that matches with his /her skills, qualifications and work experience.
Skill Assessment – It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the EOI is lodged.
Points can also be earned on the following eligibility criteria:
- Overseas Experience points (Experience outside Australia) – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having three/five/eight years of overseas experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 15 can be granted
- Overseas Qualification points (Qualifications gained outside Australia): The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for recognized qualifications which is at a level of Bachelors or higher or PhD. or holding qualifications that are assessed by the assessing body during the skills assessment. Minimum points 10 with a maximum up to 20 can be granted, according to the level of qualification AQF Diploma or Bachelors /higher or Ph.D or a qualifications recognized by the assessing body during the assessment. The relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation can usually determine whether your qualifications are of a standard that is comparable to a relevant Australian qualification
- Australian Experience – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having worked in Australia for one/three/five/eight in one of the occupations listed on the SOL, in a full-time paid employment. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 20 can be granted
- Australian Study – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim additional points for Australian study for a qualification which is a course of at least two Academic years or more. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 10 can be granted
- Partner Skills – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points under partner skills, if the partner satisfies the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications and skills assessment result. The partner should obtain positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority and IELTS of 6 in each band. Spouse nominated occupation should be from the same occupations list as per the primary applicant. Partner skills will lead to 5 points
- Professional years/ Credential community language: Professional year programs for at least 12 months done from Australia in the last 4 years and Credential community language qualification points if you have been assessed as a Para professional translator by NAATI will lead to 5 points
You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months
This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your application
You must meet certain character requirements. You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age
This applies to you and all the dependent family members listed in your application, whether they are migrating or not
Debts to the Australian Government
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted
You can include the following people in your visa application:
- Your partner (married or de facto)
- Your or your partner’s dependent children
- Other dependent relatives.
These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in your application . The application must include documentary evidence of their relationship to you. Your family members must be able to show that they meet health and character requirements.
Dependent visa applicants, who are above 18 years are required to meet at least Functional English requirement through study where medium of instruction is in English or by IELTS test scores of 4.5 and above or by paying visa second installment charges towards English requirements.
You can add your partner and dependent children to your application at any time until your visa is decided.
- Skill Assessment fee – AUD$300- AUD$2200
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – AUD$60 – 300
- Medicals/Registration– case specific.
- DIAC Application Fee: AUD$3520
- Dependent below 18 yrs: AUD$880
- Dependent above 18 yrs: AUD$ 1760
- Spouse English Requirement Fee: AUD$4890 (This fee is applicable only if the spouse or the dependent is unable to score 4.5 overall in IELTS and has not completed his/her graduation in English Medium)
Visa Process Time Lines
|Priority Group Number
||Visa Sub Class
||RSMS (Subclass 119, 857)
||Low Risk – 5 months
||High Risk- 8 months
||Skill Select (subclass 187)
||Low Risk- 5 months
||High Risk- 8 months
||Skill Select (subclass 186)
||Skill Select SMP(subclass 190 and 489)
||Nominated Occupation on the SOL- Schedule 1(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)
||Skill Select Independent and Family Sponsored(subclass 189 and 489)
||All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1
||Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalized
Pragati Full Service and Processing
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the DIBP
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Why Choose Country?
Population: 21 million (UN, 2008)
- Capital: Canberra
- Largest city: Sydney
- Area: 7,617,930 sq km
- Major languages: English
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 79 years (men), 84 years (women) (UN)
- Monetary unit: 1 Australian dollar = 100 cents
- Main exports: Coal, iron-ore, minerals, wool & farm products
- GNI per capita: US $32,220 (World Bank, 2007)
- Internet domain: .au
- International dialing code: +61
- 40 per cent of skilled migrants in Australia are Indians.
- India has become the perfect source for supplying skilled workers to rich, but ageing countries, which are running out of young people.
- There are about 260,000 Indians living in Australia. India has become the third largest source of international immigrants and second largest source of skilled migrants and international students to Australia.
- Australia has a very active migration policy and is constantly looking for skilled migrants to live, work and settles down in Australia.
- Immigration to the Australian continent is estimated to have begun around 50,000 years ago the overall level of immigration has grown substantially during the last decade and a half.
- The largest components of immigration are the skilled migration and family re-union programs. Pragati gives you the opportunity to immigrate under different types of skilled visas.
Pragati Immigration Department
We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 12 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Pragati also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country
itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Pragati
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind – the reason why you will notice a lot of see-through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis.